My children love pikelets but I can never get them to come out right in the pan. Plus a few years back, my mother gave me a donut making machine that I could never get the donuts to come out properly. Instead, the machine has been sitting in the cupboard not being used for goodness knows how many years now. Recently I decided to combine the two problematic items and came up with some yummy donut maker pikelets that my children, really loved! What’s more? They are an easy and quick food to whip up for the lunchbox!
Mini Donut Maker Pikelets
Makes approx 28 small donuts.
- Cooking spray oil.
- 50 grams of softened butter.
- 1 cup flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 3/4 cup milk.
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or frozen blueberries (optional).
- Combine the butter, flour, baking powder, salt, egg, sugar and milk into a bowl and mix well with an electric beater.
- (optional) Fold in the chocolate chips or blueberries.
- Heat up the donut making machine.
- Spray top and bottom elements with oil.
- Add a small tablespoon of mixture to each donut hole.
- Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool before eating.