A recipe for a deliciously caramel hinting fudgy raspberry chocolate brownie. Perfect for an after school treat or to serve at a Mum’s coffee morning! Eat it on it’s own or serve with fresh cream and raspberries.
Raspberry Chocolate Brownie
- Cooking spray oil
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams dark cooking chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 handfuls of frozen raspberries, roughly crumbled
- 1 handful of dark chocolate buttons
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan on medium to low heat. Put aside.
- Combine eggs and brown sugar together in a bowl until creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and the chocolate-butter mix into the bowl. Combine until smooth.
- Fold in 1 handful of frozen raspberries.
- Spray a 20 x 30 cm baking tray with the cooking oil.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking tray with even coverage.
- Sprinkle the second handful of frozen raspberries over the top.
- Sprinkle the handful of chocolate buttons over the top.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Using a sifter, sprinkle icing sugar over the brownie.
- Cut into squares and either enjoy warm or allow to cool down.