I was going to post this recipe next week but I’ve had so many requests for my Cinnamon Rolls recipe from my instagram and snapchat post yesterday that I’m posting it today instead!
Makes approximately 24 rolls.
Before starting, preheat oven to 180°C.
- 200 grams butter
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- salt (I use Whatevz Mum Salt from Pepper & Me but normal salt works fine)
- 1 cup milk (approx)
- Soften the butter if needed and chop into pieces with a knife.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl with the butter.
- Using clean hands rub the dry ingredients into the butter until it resembles a crumbly texture.
- Poking a small well into the center of the mixture and add half the milk.
- Again, with clean hands, mix the milk into the dough mixture. Add more milk as needed. You are aiming for a malleable doughy texture that isn’t sticky to touch but stays together. If it is too sticky add a little more flour.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured bench. I like to split my dough into three to get the most out of it. Roll each section out as flat and wide as possible in a rectangle like shape.
- 200 grams butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly across the rolled out dough.
- Taking the edge of one of the long sides roll it across to the other side so that the dough forms a roll.
- Cut each roll into several pieces approximately an inch wide and place into a greased cake tin (I prefer the spring loaded ones) cut side up.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes until golden.
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Mix ingredients together until it forms a smooth syrupy texture.
- Do not remove the rolls from the tin.
- While still hot pour, the glaze over the top of the rolls evenly.
- Allow to set and cool before removing from the tin and gently separating into individual rolls.