Sometimes regardless of how yummy they are cakes can feel too “heavy” to eat. Sometimes you just need a cake that’s easy to make and “light” to eat. This cake recipe makes the perfect light cake. Added bonus: my chocolate spread icing recipe!
- 150 grams of softened butter
- 2 caps of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 190°c.
- Mix butter, vanilla essence and caster sugar in a bowl until well mixed.
- Add one egg at a time and mix well with each.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and mix.
- Add milk and mix.
- Grease a medium to small cake tin and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake springs back lightly to the touch.
- Allow to sit in cake tin for 10 minutes to cool before tipping onto a cake rack.
- Ice and decorate when cooled.
Chocolate Spread Icing
- Mix 2 tablespoons of chocolate spread with 4 tablespoons of icing sugar until a suitable texture.
- Spread over cake.