Sometimes there is nothing better than the mix of chocolate and peanut butter and these chocolate muffins are easy to make and quick to hit that craving!
- 50 grams butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 milk
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°c.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add egg and mix well.
- In a second bowl, sift together both flours, the cocoa powder, the baking powder and the salt and tip the husks from the wholemeal flour back into bowl.
- Dissolve the baking soda into the milk.
- Add the sifted ingredients alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Spray the muffin tin with the cooking oil.
- Place 2/3 of the muffin mixture in equal measures into the muffin tin pots. Leave a small dip in center of the mixture in each pot.
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter into each small dip.
- Spread the last third of the muffin mix equally over the peanut butter to cover.
- Bake in oven between 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from tin and eating.