A couple of weeks ago I found a recipe for an easy 3 ingredient cheesecake on facebook. I decided to give it a try and share my thoughts about it with you.
According to the original recipe this is the ingredients and directions required:
- 1 packet of biscuits, crushed.
- 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 kg of yoghurt.
- Place the crushed biscuits in a smooth layer at the bottom of a large microwave safe dish.
- Mix the yoghurt and condensed milk together and pour over the biscuits.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool before eating.
Now, here are my thoughts and suggestions for this recipe:
- I feel that the biscuit base didn’t bind quite as well as it should have and may actually have needed a little melted butter. I would suggest maybe 20 grams of butter.
- I found that 5 minutes in the microwave was not enough to solidify the yoghurt/condensed milk mix properly and ended up putting it in for 7 minutes in total.
- I used a plain vanilla yoghurt but feel that a flavoured one (ie a fruit flavoured one like passion fruit or mixed berry) might taste better.
- I tried the cheesecake straight after it had cooled down and again after it had been in the fridge for a few hours. I recommend putting the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 4 hours before eating as it set better.
Have you tried this recipe yet? I’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below!