There’s nothing better in the middle of winter than a delicious heartwarming soup and chicken soup is the king of them all! Here’s my creamy chicken soup recipe that my whole family enjoyed to the very last drop.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 litre Campbell’s Real Chicken Stock
- boiled water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tin lite coconut cream
- 1 tin evaporated milk
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1-2 packets of chicken noodles, crushed (I used 2 but 1 would be ample)
- Melt butter in a soup pot on medium to high heat and add the onion, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer until onion is clear.
- Add chicken breasts to pot followed by the chicken stock and just enough water to cover. Add lid.
- Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Allow to cook until chicken is falling apart and liquid has reduced to half with occasional stirring to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat and blend together in a blender until a paste like texture.
- Return blended mixture to pot and replace on low to medium heat.
- Add coconut cream, evaporated milk, corn and noodles (optional – add the packets of noodle flavouring) to pot.
- Allow to simmer for a further 15-20 minutes before serving.