Mini Bacon and Egg Pies
- 1 Sheet of pre rolled Puff Pastry
- 3 slices of shoulder bacon
- 12 eggs (small to medium eggs work best)
- Salt (optional)
- Spray Oil
- Preheat oven to 180*c.
- Spray muffin tins with the oil and set aside.
- Sprinkle an small handful for flour onto a clean work space and around your rolling pin.
- Cut off a slice of the pastry and roll it out until very thin.
- Using a circular cutter big enough to fit in the muffin tin sections (I use a very large tin) cut out circles of the pastry and place each circle into a section of the oiled muffin tins.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until each section of the muffin tins are full.
- Slice up the bacon into small bite size squares and distribute evenly into each pastry pot.
- Crack an egg and pour contents into a pastry pot. Try not to break the yolk while doing so and try not to allow the egg white to flow outside of the pastry pots.
- Repeat step 8 for each pastry pot.
- (optional) Sprinkle a pinch of salt (or other seasoning) over each egg for added flavour.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4. This time rather than cutting out circles, cut the rolled out pastry into strips small enough to decorate the top of each pie with a cross.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool down before serving.
(tip: use a tablespoon to lift each pie out of the muffin tin once they have cooled off.)