This easy to make potato salad is the perfect side dish to your summer bbq!
8 large potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices shoulder bacon
- 500 grams mayonnaise
- herbs (optional)
- 1 small pot (eggs)
- 1 medium pot (potatoes)
- 1 small to medium frying pan (bacon)
- 1 colander
- 1 large salad bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- Half fill the two pots with water and allow to boil on the stove.
- Chop the potatoes up into bite size pieces and place into the medium sized pot.
- Place the eggs, whole, carefully into the smaller pot.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy but not burnt then allow to cool.
- Once the potatoes (approximately 15-20 minutes if covered with lid) and eggs (between 5-8 minutes) have cooked remove from heat and allow to cool down before continuing.**
- Drain all the water from the potatoes before putting them into a large salad bowl.
- Peel the shell off the eggs, chop carefully into bite size pieces and add to the salad bowl.
- Rip the bacon into smaller pieces and add to salad bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper and herbs (optional) to taste.
- Use the spoon to mix in the mayonnaise carefully so as not to break up the pieces of potato and egg.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour until ready to serve.
*Ingredients can be adjusted according to need.
**Tip: to cool down fast rinse in a colander under running cold water until able to handle.