Banana Cake with Peanut Butter and Hazelnut Icing
- 125 grams butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium/large bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons hot milk
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mash bananas into mix one at a time.
- Stir baking soda into the hot milk until frothy and then mix into batter.
- Sift baking powder and flour and add to the batter until mixed.
- Pour into a greased cake tin and bake at 180*C in a preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave cake in tin to cool for 10 minutes before tipping onto a cake rack to cool down.
- Once cooled, ice.
Peanut Butter and Hazelnut Spread Icing
- 4 tablespoons hazelnut spread
- 6 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter spread
- 1.5 cups icing sugar
- 2/3 can of dairy whip cream
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Into a bowl place 2 tablespoons of peanut butter spread and 4 tablespoons of hazelnut spread.
- Heat in microwave for 2 lots of 30 seconds giving a quick stir between.
- Mix well and then add half of the dairy whip and mix together.
- Add a cup of icing sugar and a pinch of sea salt to the mix. Mix together.
- Add the rest of the peanut butter one tablespoon at a time mixing well.
- Add the last pinch of sea salt, the rest of the icing sugar and the rest of the dairy whip.
- Icing consistency should be soft but firm.
- Spread over cake and decorate.