Makes 12 large
- 1.5 cups high grade flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 125 grams butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
|Banana muffins cooling on the rack|
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Lightly mix in the brown sugar.
- In a second bowl mix the butter, eggs, milk and bananas.
- Mix in the dry ingredients a bit at a time until all combined.
- Spoon mixture into a well greased muffin tin tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180*C for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow to cool on a rack before eating.