These chocolate chip cookies are the perfect subway knock off!
- 125 grams softened butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 2 cap fulls vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups buttons or 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter, sugar, condensed milk and vanilla essence together until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate buttons or chips.
- Roll balls of mixture together and place on greased tray. Do not press down.
- Bake at 150*C for 15-20 minutes or until just browned and still soft.
- Remove tray from oven and use a spatula to remove biscuits from tray onto rack to cool.
- If softening butter in microwave stir until it resembles margarine texture.
- Butter and condensed milk work best when same temperature.
- For a caramel twist to these chocolate chip cookies, swap the condensed milk for tinned caramel.